As reported on Business Insider:
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Thursday. Sign up here to get this email in your inbox every morning.
Have an Amazon Alexa device? Listen to this update by searching "Business Insider" in your flash briefing settings.
Event alert: Join us Thursday, December 17 at 3 p.m. ET for a panel discussion on how to get hired in VC. Sign up here.
- Facebook faces a breakup after being hit with double lawsuits. Both lawsuits, from the FTC and 46 states, revolve around the company’s acquisitions of Instagram in 2012 and WhatsApp in 2014.
- DoorDash made its trading debut 78% above IPO price. The food-delivery company raised roughly $3.4 billion with its IPO after pricing shares at $102 each.
- SpaceX launched an experimental Starship rocket in Texas. Elon Musk previously estimated a two-in-three chance that the test flight would fail.
- Google’s CEO apologized for how the company handled an AI ethicist’s exit. Sundar Pichai addressed Timnit Gebru’s departure in a memo sent to employees on Wednesday.
- Google plans to lift its post-election political ad ban. The "sensitive event" policy was created to prevent misinformation spread about the election or COVID-19.
- Apple and Google banned a major data broker from collecting location info. The tech giants told developers they must remove X-Mode’s tracking software or risk being cut off from their app stores.
- The PS5 is outselling new Xbox consoles 2-to-1. All the same, Sony and Microsoft have struggled to keep up with demand.
- Criminals are climbing on top of moving vehicles to steal PS5s from delivery drivers. The unusual technique is believed to be on the rise, according to The Times.
- DoorDash drivers could get bonuses in wake of the firm’s IPO. The company’s IPO filing in November revealed delivery workers will not be granted stock.
- Anonymous calls to police this summer warned of ex-Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh’s behavior. Hsieh died on November 27 in Connecticut, following injuries he sustained in a house fire more than a week prior.
Source: Business Insider
Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Martin Coulter)
Date: 2020 12 10
PS To People Who Want To Find Must-Read Content but Can’t Get Started:
Get Rid of That Information Overload!
We read everything and we keep only Pro Content about:
– Business #Strategy
– #Startups Strategy
– #Growth Hacking
– Artificial Intelligence #ai
Why do we do it? Because #SharingIsCaring