As reported on Business Insider:
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Monday. Sign up here to get this email in your inbox every morning.
Have an Amazon Alexa device? Listen to this update by searching "Business Insider" in your flash briefing settings.
- Exclusive: Sources told us how Google decided to pull Parler. After the US Capitol riots, concerns were raised by some members of Play Store’s "Merchandising" team, which is responsible for how apps are features and promoted on the Play Store.
- Waymo’s CEO dunked on Tesla. John Krafcik said Tesla is "no competitor at all" for its autonomous vehicles, in an interview with Germany’s Manager Magazin.
- The iPhone 12 can interfere with pacemakers. Both the iPhone 12 and Apple’s accessories that feature magnets can interfere with medical devices, Apple said.
- Tesla says an employee stole trade secrets. Tesla said engineer Alex Khatilov was hired on December 28 and began transferring files within days.
- Microsoft patented a chatbot that can impersonate a deceased loved one. The chatbot would be created through content readily available on social media.
- Microsoft defended its PAC in leaked audio. Microsoft’s president, Brad Smith, said in a leaked recording the PAC is vital to the company’s interests.
- Exclusive: Ex-Plaid employees are flooded with share purchase offers. Former Plaid employees say they’ve been "inundated" with offers to buy their shares for up to $1,200 apiece.
- Iran blamed crypto mining for blackouts. The Iranian government has blamed Bitcoin and other forms of cryptocurrency for power outages across the country that have left millions in darkness.
- Exclusive: We surveyed hundreds of Amazon employees. The majority responded that they were both happy and well paid.
- Exclusive: We analysed the executives and investors steering $7 billion food delivery company Deliveroo to IPO. The list comprises familiar City figures such as Next CEO Simon Wolfson and interim Premier League chair Claudia Arney.
Source: Business Insider
Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Shona Ghosh)
Date: 2021 01 25
PS To People Who Want To Find Must-Read Content but Can’t Get Started:
Get Rid of That Information Overload!
We read everything and we keep only Pro Content about:
– Business #Strategy
– #Startups Strategy
– #Growth Hacking
– Artificial Intelligence #ai
Why do we do it? Because #SharingIsCaring