As reported on Business Insider:
Good morning and welcome to 10 Things in Tech. If this was forwarded to you, sign up here.
Let’s get started.
1. Tesla is making a giant battery to plug into the Texas power grid. The project would aim to stabilize the area’s energy supply, and could store enough energy for 20,000 homes. Here’s what we know about the battery.
2. Jack Dorsey is auctioning the very first tweet in history as a non-fungible token. The highest bid on the CEO’s tweet is $2.5 million. More on that here.
3. These 26 women are finding tech’s next decacorns from Europe. We profiled more than two dozen influential women VCs across the continent, and this is who made the list.
4. Former Chewy CEO Ryan Cohen wants to turn GameStop into the Amazon of gaming. Cohen is part of a new committee that’s tasked with accelerating GameStop’s transformation.
5. Apple’s discontinuing a product once called the "fastest and most powerful Mac ever." The tech giant plans to stop making new iMac Pros after inventory runs out.
6. Mark Cuban said the Dallas Mavericks are the largest Dogecoin merchant in the world. The billionaire announced that his NBA team has completed more than 20,000 transactions in the meme-based cryptocurrency. He also shared his prediction for the token’s price.
7. Former employees claim Google told them to take mental health leave after experiencing sexism and racism. Insiders said the company "normalized" going on leave after raising issues with HR. More on that here.
8. Experts say a massive hack targeting Microsoft Exchange Server could be more crippling than SolarWinds. Researchers with the cybersecurity firm Kaspersky have detected a rise in the number of attacks attempting to exploit the Exchange vulnerability, even in the days after Microsoft released the patch.
9. One of the hottest gaming platforms is going public after a blockbuster year. Roblox paid out more than $250 million to its developer community last year. What to know about the long-awaited listing.
10. NFTs are the newest trend in the crypto space – and VCs have taken notice. A look at four NFT startups transforming the way we buy art and sports memorabilia.
Have an Amazon Alexa device? Listen to this update by searching "Business Insider" in your flash briefing settings.
Sign up for more Insider newsletters here.
Source: Business Insider
Author: email@example.com (Jordan Parker Erb)
Date: 2021 03 09
PS To People Who Want To Find Must-Read Content but Can’t Get Started:
Get Rid of That Information Overload!
We read everything and we keep only Pro Content about:
– Business #Strategy
– #Startups Strategy
– #Growth Hacking
– Artificial Intelligence #ai
Why do we do it? Because #SharingIsCaring