As reported on Business Insider:
Good morning and welcome to 10 Things in Tech. If this was forwarded to you, sign up here.
Let’s get started.
1. Roblox, the wildly popular game platform, spiked 15% in its public trading debut. After the company went public, we put together a list of the things you should know. Here are some eye-popping stats about Roblox.
2. Taco Bell became the first fast-food chain to join the NFT craze. The restaurant celebrated the return of potatoes to its menu with crypto-art – digital pieces of art related to the menu – that sold out in minutes. Now, the taco-themed pieces are reselling for thousands of dollars.
3. These are the top 10 VC firms discovering and funding tech "futurecorns." New analysis shows that Silicon Valley firms continue to dominate global tech investing by funding startups with the potential to gain multibillion-dollar valuations. Our exclusive look at the world’s top 10 VC funds.
4. MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell revealed his new social-media site, "Vocl." Slated to launch within the next three weeks, the site will be a cross between Twitter and YouTube. More from our interview here.
5. Jeff Bezos has picked a new CEO for his Earth Fund. The former Amazon CEO chose Andrew Steer to oversee his $10-billion climate-change philanthropy project. More on that here.
6. Indonesia’s government wants Elon Musk to build a SpaceX launchpad on a small island. The Indonesian president has been in discussions with Musk about the plans since December — but some locals are pushing back.
7. Salesforce scrapped plans to rent additional office space in San Francisco. The company is canceling a lease for a 325,000-square-foot office after deciding that most employees will only work in-person a few days each week. We have the details on its "Work From Anywhere" plan.
8. Russia slowed down Twitter’s speed and threatened to block the site altogether. After Twitter allegedly refused to remove 3,000 posts containing banned content, Russia threatened to block the platform, Reuters reported.
9. After almost being left for dead, Snap has reversed its user-growth slump. We spoke with 22 insiders about how they brought the company back from a decline. An exclusive peek inside the company’s comeback.
10. This 24-year-old Roblox developer is making over $1 million a year. In an exclusive interview, Alex Hicks shared how he built a successful gaming studio – and a small fortune. We have the details here.
Have an Amazon Alexa device? Listen to this update by searching "Business Insider" in your flash briefing settings.
Sign up for more Insider newsletters here.
Source: Business Insider
Author: email@example.com (Jordan Parker Erb)
Date: 2021 03 11
PS To People Who Want To Find Must-Read Content but Can’t Get Started:
Get Rid of That Information Overload!
We read everything and we keep only Pro Content about:
– Business #Strategy
– #Startups Strategy
– #Growth Hacking
– Artificial Intelligence #ai
Why do we do it? Because #SharingIsCaring