As reported on Business Insider:
- At least six people were wounded outside the Kabul Airport by Taliban fighters using lethal weapons to maintain crowd control.
- Photographer Marcus Yam captured harrowing photos of the violence, which he described as "indiscriminate."
- He said he saw one Taliban fighter fire into "the crowd, smiling at another Taliban fighter as if it were a game."
- See more stories on Insider’s business page.
Yam took photos of Afghans looking to flee the nation after Taliban forces regained control of the country over the weekend.
Taliban fighters used lethal weapons, like guns, whips, sticks, and sharp objects to maintain crowd control of Afghans looking to evacuate, according to Yam.
Yam said Afghans were waiting outside the airport to "try their luck" and get on a flight out of the nation, which is now under Taliban control.
"The violence was indiscriminate," the LA Times photographer told CNN’s Anderson Cooper in a phone interview Tuesday evening. "It seemed like they were doing whatever they wanted."
—Anderson Cooper 360° (@AC360) August 18, 2021
"I even watched one Taliban fighter, after firing some shots in the general direction of the crowd, smiling at another Taliban fighter," Yam continued. "As if it were a game for them or something."
Yam said it was "shocking" to see people get wounded and beat in the street by Taliban fighters.
At least six people, including a woman and her child, were wounded outside the airport within the hour of violent escalation, according to the photographer.
Source: Business Insider
Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Lauren Frias)
Date: August 18th 2021
PS To People Who Want To Find Must-Read Content but Can’t Get Started:
Get Rid of That Information Overload!
We read everything and we keep only Pro Content about:
– Business #Strategy
– #Startups Strategy
– #Growth Hacking
– Artificial Intelligence #ai
Why do we do it? Because #SharingIsCaring