As reported on Business Insider:
- CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said on Friday that 97% of COVID-19 hospitalizations are in unvaccinated people.
- She warned that the COVID-19 pandemic is "becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated."
- She said outbreaks of the virus are happening in "parts of the country that have low vaccination coverage."
- See more stories on Insider’s business page.
The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Friday that as COVID-19 cases rise across the United States, the disease is becoming a "pandemic of the unvaccinated."
"There is a message that is crystal clear: this is becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated," CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said during a press briefing on Friday. "We are seeing outbreaks of cases in parts of the country that have low vaccination coverage because unvaccinated people are at risk."
She added that 97% of hospitalized COVID-19 cases are in people who are not vaccinated against the virus.
Since last week, Walensky said, cases are up about 70%, hospitalizations are up 36%, and deaths rose by 26%.
"If you are not vaccinated, you remain at risk," Walensky said.
According to CDC data, 160.4 million people across the US are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 – that’s 48.3% percent of the total population.
Of people aged 12 and older who are eligible to get the vaccine, 56.5% of people are fully vaccinated.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
Source: Business Insider
Author: email@example.com (Kelly McLaughlin)
Date: July 16th 2021
PS To People Who Want To Find Must-Read Content but Can’t Get Started:
Get Rid of That Information Overload!
We read everything and we keep only Pro Content about:
– Business #Strategy
– #Startups Strategy
– #Growth Hacking
– Artificial Intelligence #ai
Why do we do it? Because #SharingIsCaring