As reported on Business Insider:
- Indonesia is battling a huge coronavirus surge that has overwhelmed hospitals.
- Volunteers have stepped in to remove the bodies of coronavirus patients from their homes instead.
- Volunteers are also digging graves and sourcing oxygen.
- See more stories on Insider’s business page.
Volunteers in Indonesia are taking coronavirus dead from people’s homes as the country battles a devastating coronavirus surge, and hospitals are too overwhelmed to treat patients.
The country has seen a huge surge in new cases, hospitalizations, and deaths since the beginning of July:
Volunteers are now being used to remove dead bodies, as well as do things like building coffins and trying to track down oxygen tanks for infected people, according to The Guardian.
Ardi Novriansyah, a former ambulance driver, told Reuters he had been getting around 24 calls a day to recover bodies from people’s homes over the last month.
"What’s important is that we have a desire to help as volunteers, for humanity," he said.
Source: Business Insider
Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Sinéad Baker)
Date: July 16th 2021
PS To People Who Want To Find Must-Read Content but Can’t Get Started:
Get Rid of That Information Overload!
We read everything and we keep only Pro Content about:
– Business #Strategy
– #Startups Strategy
– #Growth Hacking
– Artificial Intelligence #ai
Why do we do it? Because #SharingIsCaring