As reported on Business Insider:
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Wednesday. Sign up here to get this email in your inbox every morning.
Have an Amazon Alexa device? Listen to this update by searching "Business Insider" in your flash briefing settings.
And for the biggest stories in politics, sign up here for 10 Things in Politics You Need to Know Today — launching soon!
- Salesforce bought Slack for $27.7 billion. The deal is Salesforce’s largest acquisition ever, and analysts say it could be a useful weapon in its rivalry with Microsoft.
- Amazon is launching worker-monitoring AI. Amazon is bringing out a suite of industrial monitoring tools to identify equipment failures, productivity bottlenecks, and worker safety violations.
- Trump is desperate to revoke Section 230. The outgoing president threatened to veto a bill on military spending unless Section 230 is revoked in a late-night tweet.
- An ex-Tesla worker has to pay the company $400,000. Martin Tripp became embroiled in a two-year legal fight with Elon Musk over leaking trade secrets.
- Facebook has asked President-elect Joe Biden how it can help with COVID-19. Mark Zuckerberg said the company has already reached out to the incoming administration, and is looking into boosting authoritative information about vaccines.
- Uber drivers in Kenya say they can’t make ends meet. NBC News spoke to more than 80 current and former Uber drivers who all said they are struggling financially after signing up to drive for the company.
- Facebook’s oversight board published its first cases. The moderation challenges presented by the board raise questions over what constitutes things like hate-speech and nudity.
- A bug meant hackers could remotely control iPhones. A Google security researcher found the vulnerability, which was extant until May and allowed hackers to potentially gain complete control of an iPhone.
- Exclusive: TikTok creators are paying to get verified. Creators are paying up to $1,000 to shadowy brokers who claim to have links inside TikTok.
- Exclusive: We got hold of Voi’s pitch deck. The scooter startup announced Tuesday it had raised $160 million from New York bank Raine Group.
Source: Business Insider
Author: email@example.com (Isobel Asher Hamilton)
Date: 2020 12 01
PS To People Who Want To Find Must-Read Content but Can’t Get Started:
Get Rid of That Information Overload!
We read everything and we keep only Pro Content about:
– Business #Strategy
– #Startups Strategy
– #Growth Hacking
– Artificial Intelligence #ai
Why do we do it? Because #SharingIsCaring